Art Teacher Description and Responsibilities:
1. Teaching—The Art Teacher is responsible for the instruction of foundational art skills, understanding, and theory in grades ranging from PreK – 6th grade. The Elementary Art Teacher will:
- Work with the other art faculty in establishing an appropriate sequence of skill acquisition.
- Teach students proper techniques, using high quality, artist grade materials (including crayon, pastel, water color, pencil, pen, clay, wax and more).
- Assist in the implementation of fine art showcases, competitions, and the school Fine Arts Night.
- Model and encourage an understanding of art history and a love and appreciation for the visual arts.
- Establish and maintain a syllabus for the class that clearly outlines for parents the goals, learning outcomes, and work you expect the students to accomplish in the year.
- Maintain grade books for all students, updating grades and comments (when applicable) every two weeks or more.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Teaching experience in a classical, Charlotte Mason, or Waldorf school preferred. Extensive personal and/or professional experience in working with children. Excellent report with students of all ages. Strong understanding of the ethos and values of The Saint Constantine School philosophy of education and play.
Reports To: Dean
Salary Classification: Part time, exempt
Supervision Of Others: None
Hours Per Week: Varies depending on classes taught
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive per class salary range
- Access to 401K plans
It is the policy of The Saint Constantine School (TSCS) to make all employment-related decisions for its employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. TSCS hires individuals who are committed to supporting the school’s beliefs, as expressed in the Religious Requirements for Employed Administrators, Faculty, and Staff of The Saint Constantine School. TSCS will employ only persons who are authorized to work in the United States. All new hires must abide by the TSCS Employee Handbook.